“We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.”
– Franklin D. Roosevelt
In recent years, the number of scholarships funded through the SDSU Foundation has increased by more than 100 percent — from just less than 2,000 to just over 4,000. With 12,376 students at STATE, the need for scholarship dollars is great. Your tax-deductible gift will make a difference in the life of a young man or woman attending South Dakota State University.
- Jackrabbit Guarantee — The Jackrabbit Guarantee is a SDSU’s most broad-based scholarship program, with nearly 4,100 students receiving financial support in 2009. The Jackrabbit Guarantee provides at least $1,000 per year in scholarship assistance, renewable for a total of four years, to students who score 24 or higher on the ACT (or 1110 on the SAT). New funding, in the form of annual gifts and endowments, will help provide a stable funding source for the program, which impacts one in four current students.
- Annual Scholarships — Annually funded awards allow a donor to finance a scholarship(s) through a once-a-year gift or on a payment schedule to fulfill their commitment.
- Endowed Scholarships — Endowments provide a donor with the opportunity to establish a scholarship that will have a lasting impact on campus. Once an endowment reaches $20,000, it will provide an annual scholarship of at least $900.
- Build an Endowment — An endowment may be built over time, with an initial commitment of $1,000 and a written intention to add at least $1,000 a year until it reaches the endowment level of $20,000.
- Memorial and Honor Scholarships — Hundreds of scholarship offerings have been established to honor an individual – from a former professor to a loved one. These scholarships have become an increasingly common way to honor or remember someone of significance.
Contact anyone from our staff to find out more about opportunities to support scholarships or use our online donation form to make a gift now.